As part of the Asian Heritage Month events at UBC Okanagan, students and faculty from the Department of Creative Studies have created a video showcasing some of their work. Working in performance, creative writing, and media and visual arts, these talented artists negotiate the complexities of Asian experience, identity and heritage.
A virtual public event was held on May 26th that was organized by Art Historian, Hussein Keshani and hosted by visual arts professor Renay Egami. The video compellation was shown, and a Q & A was facilitated with the artist talking about their work.
- Chloe Chang, 4th year Bachelor of Media Studies student, FCCS
- Huiyu Chen, 2nd year Masters of Fine Arts student, FCCS
- Kevin Chong, Assistant Professor, Creative Studies, FCCS
- Renay Egami, Associate Professor, Visual Arts, Creative Studies, FCCS
- Aleks Dulic, Associate Professor, Creative Studies, FCCS
- in collaboration with Lan Tung, Music Composer
- Miles Thorogood, Assistant Professor, Creative Studies, FCCS
- Jayko Buwell Duan, 3rd year Bachelor of Media Studies student, FCCS
- Gao Yujie, 3rd year Ph.D. Interdisciplinary Studies student, FCCS
- Xiao Xuan Huang, 1st year Masters of Fine Arts student, FCCS
- Manjinder Sidhu, 2nd year Masters of Fine Arts, student, FCCS
- Meg Yamamoto, 2nd year Doctoral Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies student, FCCS
- Tony Yu, 4th year Interdisciplinary Performing Arts student, FCCS