Apologies, but no results were found.
Creative Studies, Visual ArtsOffice: CCS 176
Ecology and mass extinction, scientific epistemologies, anthropocentrism, nonhuman agency, mythologies of the American West, and the expectations of documentary image.
Courses & Teaching
VISA 261-001: Video Production; FILM 371-001: Digital Documentary Production
Ramey Newell is a filmmaker and multidisciplinary artist who currently lives in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. Her work has been shown in festivals, galleries and museums throughout the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and Australia.
BFA in Photography from New Mexico State University; Graduate Certificate in Interdisciplinary Documentary Practices and a Certificate in College Teaching from University of Colorado at Boulder; MFA in Visual Art from University of British Columbia (Vancouver).
Selected Grants & Awards
Media Arts Research and Creation grant – Canada Council for the Arts, 2020
Arts Across Canada grant – Canada Council for the Arts, 2019
PROP Foundation Artist Grant – Missoula, Montana (USA), 2016
Awards & Distinctions
Jury’s Stellar Award, Black Maria Film Festival – 2018
Best Director, Mirror Mountain Film Festival – 2017
Selected Screenings & Exhibitions
- Cineworks, Uncertainty Principles – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Deluge Contemporary Art Gallery, Manifest Obscura (solo exhibition) – Victoria, British Columbia
- Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Wild and Scenic Film Festival – Nevada City, California
- Alchemy Film and Moving Image Festival – Hawick (Scotland, UK)
- Antimatter [Media Art] / Deluge Contemporary Art Gallery, Framing Nature (group exhibition) – Victoria, British Columbia
- Black Maria Film Festival Tour: Jury’s Stellar Award
- National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA
- Hoboken Historical Museum, Hoboken, New Jersey
- DocuWest Documentary Film Festival – Denver, Colorado
- Mountainfilm – Telluride, Colorado
- PIX FILM Gallery, Scaling the Insect (curated program) – Toronto, Ontario
- Plas Glyn-y-Weddw Arts Centre, Borders (group exhibition) – Llanbedrog (Wales, UK)
- Mirror Mountain Film Festival – Ottawa, Ontario – Best Director
- SCINEMA International Science Film Festival – Australia (nationwide tour)
- SF International Festival of Short Films – San Francisco, California