Teaching and Learning
FCCS values teaching excellence as a fundamental pillar of its mandate. We pursue various initiatives that build on the distinguished record of instruction that our faculty members have garnered over the years and that ensure that our students have the highest quality of learning in our courses and across our programs. On these pages, we recognize the pedagogical accomplishments of our faculty members and introduce you to some of our excellent teachers.
Awards and Recognition
FCCS Teaching Excellence and Innovation Awards
These awards are designed to recognize one faculty member for teaching excellence and one faculty member for teaching innovation each year within Creative and Critical Studies.
- David Jefferess | Teaching Excellence
- Anderson Araujo | Teaching Innovation
- Hussein Keshani | Teaching Innovation
- Francisco Peña | Teaching Innovation
Click here for more information on the 2013-14 award recipients.
- Allison Hargreaves | Teaching Excellence
- Karis Shearer | Teaching Innovation
Click here for more information on the 2012-13 recipients.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2013-14 academic year. Click here for more information.
UBC Teaching Honour Roll Recipients
Each year, UBC's Okanagan campus recognizes outstanding professors with the Teaching Honour Roll.
Teacher of the Month
Each month FCCS highlights a faculty member who has been particularly successful or innovative in his or her teaching approaches and who were nominated for the FCCS Teaching Excellence or FCCS Teaching Innovation awards.
- Aleksandra Dulic - January 2015
- Michael V. Smith - December 2014
- Karla Griffin - November 2014
- Constance Crompton - October 2014
- Grisel Garcia-Perez - September 2014
- Katherine Pickering - May 2014
- Milka Beck - April 2014
- Jennifer Gustar - March 2014
- Fransisco Peña - February 2014
- Sonnet L'Abbé - January 2014
- George Grinnell - December 2013
- Ruthann Lee - October 2013
- Anderson Araujo - September 2013
- Denise Kenney - November 2013
Last reviewed 5/26/2017 10:36:44 AM