Join us on Wednesdays throughout the term for the Immersive Technologies Seminar Series.
Each week, artists and researchers from the Okanagan School of Engineering and the Faculty of Creative and Critical studies will offer presentations that look at immersive technologies in multidisciplinary and multi modal ways in the Visualization and Emerging Media Studio (VEMS) here on campus.
Each talk will be held in the VEMS (COM 107) from 1 to 2 pm. Light refreshments will be served.
These talks are free and open to all. Registration is not required. See below for the list of speakers and dates:
Wednesday, January 25
- All the Stars we Cannot See | Dr. Megan Smith, Yujie Gao
Wednesday, February 1
- WaterWays | Dr. Aleksandra Dulic, Dr. Miles Thorogood
Wednesday, February 8
- Expanding Social Realities through Abstract Embodiment | John Desnoyers-Stewart
Wednesday, February 15
- Locus Amoenus: Place of Delight | John Power
Wednesday, March 1
- INTER/her | Camille Baker
Wednesday, March 8 (note time, 12:30-1:30)
- Awful Splendour | Andreas Rutkauskas
Wednesday, March 15 (note time, 12:00-1:00)
- Photorealistic visualization of nanoengineered materials | Kenneth Chau
Wednesday, March 22
- Virtual Reality | Annie Wan
Wednesday, April 12
- IMTC 507 Sympoium | Immersive Technology Design Studio Showcase
The Immersive Technologies Seminar Series is a collaboration between CITech and the Media Studies program, and is organized by NSERC CREATE in Immersive Technologies (CITech), a highly multidisciplinary graduate training program at UBC focusing on skills development and collaborative research to design immersive solutions for various real-world applications. Find out more about CITech.