The Capstone@BMS is a unique opportunity for the UBCO Bachelor of Media Studies program to foster meaningful collaboration with industry partners and community members. The program provides opportunities for interacting with our 50+ students and faculty members through research and project development tasks. BMS students have a range of digital skills such as video and graphic design to coding interactive multi-media and websites.
Posting a project to Capstone@BMS will enable your company to set up collaborative opportunities with our students by working together on cutting edge projects and providing solutions to exciting challenges. Students have access to all equipment and software.
Our industrial partners choose to engage with us for a diverse set of reasons. These include:
- Undertaking risky digital media projects.
- Direct undergraduate student recruitment.
- Increasing diversity in the workplace.
- Direct access to student leaders.
- Providing volunteer and mentorship opportunities for current employees.
The overall goal of the Capstone@BMS is to provide engagement opportunities between fourth-year Bachelor of Media Studies students and our industrial partners. To facilitate this, we invite you to submit a project that students can choose to develop with you from September 2020 to April 2021. As this is a class project, students are not expected to be paid for the project work.
- Marketing video
- Motion graphics
- Photographic image development
- Interactive kiosk
- Website design
- Project design
- Video composition/editing
- Sound Design
- Graphic Design
- Interactive Electronics
- Final Cut Pro
- HTML 5
- Projects can be submitted by industry, faculty or students.
- Students select projects at the end of August.
- Fill out all required information—missing information will result in the nonacceptance of this project submission.
- Please be as detailed and concise as possible when describing the project objectives(s) and deliverable(s).
Please email your project posting or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.